Marty Mills: A Present Day Warrior

Scott Sutton

I have been lucky enough to be a part of Coach Mills strength and conditioning program for the last four years. In that time I have gained an immense amount of knowledge about proper lifting as well life lessons that I will cherish forever. I currently bench 315 lbs, squat 430 lbs and power clean 270 lbs. Not only has Coach Mills showered me with his great knowledge of lifting, he has taught me the importance of respect, hard work and punctuality. One thing I think that separates Coach Mills from the average lifting coach is the fact that he expects the best out of every single individual, every single day. He understands that not every person was blessed with exceptional athleticism and thus pushes everyone to become the best they can be. In summation, Coach Mills is one of the top, if not the best, lifting coach in the entire nation. I can say my entire transformation from a chubby freshman to an athletic senior is solely on the shoulders of Coach Mills.