From zero to hero

By Jessica Taylor / CGHS Weightroom! (:
 
I have been playing soccer for ten years. I had never been the biggest, the fastest, nor the strongest until I started focusing on my workouts not only on improving my ball skills, but my body as well. For four years, Coach Mills has not only pushed me to the very end of my rope, but taught me how to tie a knot and hang on. With the types of workouts I have been exposed to since I began weightlifting my freshman year, I have gained the knowledge to improve every part of myself. I have learned that I can do anything I put my mind to and that I am 100% capable of pushing myself through one more set, one more rep, or one more minute. I have learned that even when my muscles are aching and screaming, "No!", my mind can push me to finish and to finish strong and proud of what I have accomplished. Mills has instilled the knowledge in every athlete that he has coached and helped us to realize that we can do anything we put our mind too and for that I will never be able to thank him enough.