Slumping to Pumping

By Brad Robley / Center Grove High School

Coming into my freshman year I had no idea what to expect. Football was my main direction but lifting was just in the back of my mind. As a freshman i looked up to the senior football players as inspiration that one day i can look and be as strong as them. I can honestly say that in my four years i have fufilled that dream. Coach Marty Mills is the backbone of my success and he is the reason my football career was so good. Going through his workouts these past few years has set me up to continue my strength and conditioning work through college at Capital University. I have never met a man more dedicated in changing not only poeples views but their bodies as well. Coach has gave me a base line of strength movements to improve my physical fitness. Whether it is strength or olympic lifts, i feel as if i am one of the most well rounded young amature lifters in the state and possible the country. Coach Mills will be long remembered as a legacy for this high school and the athletic program.