Weightlifting


Coach Mills started working with me when I was in 8th grade, at that time I was about 6'1 and 155 pounds. Today 5 years later I am 6'3 217 pounds. I came in benching 135 pounds and cleaning 120 pounds. By the time I graduated high school I benched over 300 pounds and cleaned 250 pounds. On top of that my speed had increased drastically. When I came in here I ran a 5.1 forty and by the time I left Center Grove I was running in the low 4.5's. I am now on full scholarship at Georgia Tech playing football and I can testify that coach Mills runs the best high school training program in America. Coach Mills could no doubt be at the highest level of his profession if he wanted to. What he does here at Center Grove is not only prepare all of his athletes for the next level but help every single individual that steps foot in his weight room become a better person. He truly takes an interest in what his athletes do and that is something that is rare. I could have never been a state champion, high school national player of the year, all American, all state, or been a state caliber track competitor if it wasn’t for the help of coach Mills and his program. Without coach Mills guidance I would not be where I am today.

Jordan Luallen – Georgia Tech University Football
All-State QB of the 2008 State Championship Team