Strength Program

Alex Nevill

Coach Mills and Center Grove's weightlifting program is one of the best in the country. I have been working in the program since I was in eighth grade, and it has completely changed my body. I played football for four years and while I didn't always have more natural speed than the other team's players, I knew my strength and conditioning were far superior. The use of kettle bells and intensive focus on Olympic Weightlifting is a main emphasis at Center Grove. Combine these advanced techniques with consistent hard work and this is what allows players to be successful. In addition to the purely physical aspect of the program, Coach Mills does a great job of imparting weightlifting knowledge to all athletes. Once we leave this great program we will all have the ability to continue these amazing workouts at our respective colleges. During my high school experience I have spent many hours in the weight room and they have always been enjoyable and I wouldn't trade them for anything else.