School of Strength-Marty Strong


 
By Chris Collins / Greenwood, IN
The School of Strength program started by instructor Marty Mills is the best high school physical training program in the country and is comparable to many college and professional teams. I have participated in the SoS program for several years and I am in great physical condition. I wrestled throughout high school and thanks to Coach Mills, I made it to semi-state purely on strength, conditioning, and toughness. All three of those traits are stressed in the SoS. I am going on to be a part of the NROTC program at Miami of Ohio after which I will serve on the Marine Corps. Again thanks to Coach Mills, I did exceptionally well on my preliminary fitness test, and was awarded a full ride NROTC scholarship. The SoS is about more than getting strong and is much more than just weightlifting. Coach Mills stresses hard work in all aspects of life, and constantly promotes good character. The SoS gets you in the best possible physical condition and carries over into all aspects of life.