True Form with Heavy Weight


 
By Jonathan Warrick / Center Grove High School
Ever since the fall of my 8th grade year Coach Mills has practically lived in this weightroom pushing every individual to their maximum potential regardless of size and weight. From day one the emphasis of perfect technique and form has been embedded into my head as the foundation of any weightlifter. Mills daily stresses the importance of technique. As you progress through his system you notice that you can do heavy weight without risking technique or injury because of the flawless muscle memory he trains in every single person. I came into high school a small and extremely scrawny kid who everyone thought was someone to be pushed to the back of the line. The training Mills has given me has not only improved my athletic performance but has given me the obligation to help younger athletes with their form paving their way to excellence. As of today I plan to attend Indiana State University and play football thanks to the knowledge and encouragement of Marty Mills.