Strength Training

I was first introduced to the weight room at Center Grove the summer before my freshman year of high school. High school female athletes came to summer workouts and worked out together. My very first day I had no idea what to expect, and I soon found out I was not able to even lift the 45-pound bar off of the ground. I was not the only one with this problem, and with the help of Coach Mills and the weight lifting program I progressed quickly and was into the swing of things with the older athletes in no time. Through this program I was able to gain strength and power to help me on the softball diamond. I guess it paid off because we won state my senior year and there is no doubt in my mind that the weight lifting had a huge effect on my strength to compete. I am now playing softball for the University of Southern Indiana on scholarship. I had no problem jumping into their training program and was able to play in every game my first season as a freshman in college.

Katherine Belsito – University of Southern Indiana Softball;
2009 All-State & Starting Center Fielder on the 2009 State Championship Team